This ad is expired.
Administrative Coordinator- Oncology, Foster City, CA
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Administrative Coordinator - Foster City, CA
We have an exciting opportunity for an Administrative Coordinator who will provide administrative support for the VP of Oncology. We are looking for someone who can be nimble and proactive in Gilead's dynamic and fast paced organization. The Coordinator will have exceptional administrative and organizational skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills. This position requires a confident and capable demeanor and strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively with all levels of employees across a variety of functions.
- Prioritizes workload involving multiple large projects/timelines. Such projects may include coordinating or leading the implementation of new and/or revised software applications/databases including interfacing with vendors, ensuring user training, etc. with minimal guidance.
- Arranges for needed resources to meet timelines. Uses advanced level software programs such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint to create graphs, charts, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Under manager's direction, creates draft reports, documents, presentations and templates using raw data. May gather data using internet searches.
- Understands the goals and objectives of the entire department and contributes to the attainment of those Goals & Objectives. Keeps the bigger picture in mind and influences workflows accordingly.
- Coordinate large events including planning and implementation.
- Liaises with guests and speakers to assess needs and coordinates, as needed, such activities as travel, hotel, expense reports and tools and materials for presentations.
- Typically, coordinates the preparation of annual budget, reviews monthly budget, reviews and researches variances.
- May coordinate group lease cars requirements and activities (at International Locations).
- May assist with facilities space planning or office set-up.
- May screen and prioritize manager's mail and email.
- Assists in the orientation of new administrative assistants and other staff.
- Ongoing, acts as a resource to other administrative assistants and is cross-trained to cover for another administrative assistant if he/she is out of the office for an extended period.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Knowledge and understanding of administrative and office policies and procedures.
- Possesses good proofreading and editing skills of technical documents.
- Has the ability to review the work of lower level administrative assistants.
- Has knowledge and experience using a number of office software.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Receives occasional direction from manager to perform non-routine job responsibilities and duties.
Specific Education and experience requirements:
- Experience providing administrative support to an executive leader
- Ability to keep the big picture in mind and influence workflows accordingly
- 3 + years administrative experience
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of administrative and office policies and procedures
- Exceptional professionalism to discretely handle confidential material, including sensitive financial information
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel) required
- Superb proofreading and editing skills of technical documents
- High school diploma; AA/BA preferred
The Gilead Difference
Everyone at Gilead is motivated by our overarching mission to discover and deliver innovative therapies that improve patient care in areas of unmet medical needs. But it's just what we do that gives us an edge, it's how we do it. We expect everyone at Gilead to lead by example, guided by our core values:
- Integrity - Doing What's Right
- Inclusion - Encouraging Diversity
- Teamwork - Working Together
- Accountability - Taking Personal Responsibility
- Excellence - Being Your Best
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Administrative-Coordinator--Oncology--Foster-City--CA_R0015680-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency