Administrative Assistant VI
Chemistry & Biochemistry Department
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The primary role is to provide administrative and logistical support for the Departments' graduate and research programs. This involves working with the Graduate Coordinators and Graduate Committees on graduate program activities such as, admissions, scheduling interviews, teaching assistant appointments and evaluations, arranging and tracking thesis and graduate program committee meetings, coordinating weekly seminars including itinerary and travel arrangements for speakers, assisting Graduate coordinators with updates to course scheduling, catalog descriptions and web content, and processing research related appointments for faculty, graduate & undergraduate students, research assistants, work-study students and postdoctoral fellows.
WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Point of contact for Departmental graduate programs, scheduling /tracking committee meetings, progress reports, TA evaluations qualifying exams, thesis defenses, processing and tracking appointments, record keeping.
- Assist in planning and orchestrating events such as thesis defenses, orientations/recruiting events, graduations, and poster sessions, summer research appointments, symposiums and workshops, receptions, etc.
- Provide administrative support including TA, RA, and Postdoctoral appointments, coordinating seminar speaker visits, travel, itinerary and announcements, photo copying, and faxing.
- Archive and maintain relevant information digitally including graduate student records, templates for announcements, contracts, correspondence, and other materials.
- Collaborate with Graduate Admissions Office and Departmental faculty to schedule prospective student visits for Graduate program.
- Assist Grad coordinators with graduate catalog updates, and act as course/room scheduling liaison.
- Assist with the development of processes, procedures, materials, and webpages associated with the development and promotion of the Graduate Program. Assist in updating and maintaining web site content.
- Design and disseminate announcements for internal and external events related to the graduate program.
- Update digital presence on WPI online news and program bulletin boards and associated social media.
- Keep up with email workflow responding promptly to contacts which may include prospective and current students.
- Sort incoming mail.
- Receive and work with students, visitors, and faculty to make them feel welcome and to meet their needs.
- Collaborate with other Departmental Administrative Assistant on other Departmental activities, daily operations, and events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent with a minimum of 3-5 years of office or administrative experience. B.A. or B.S. in business management, accounting, or personnel management preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook) and other office productivity software tools.
- Interest in continuous learning of new skills to excel at the position and flexibility to work in a team to get the job done
- Strong customer service and interpersonal and communication skills to work with other staff, faculty, students, co-workers, visitors and parents.
WPI requires employees to be fully-vaccinated (including a booster shot) for COVID-19. For additional information on WPI's response to COVID-19, refer to https://www.wpi.edu/we-are-wpi
United States of America (Non-Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Administrative-Assistant-VI_R0001904
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-d5e56a8e66d9314692be1fa262ad0511