Administrative Assistant V
Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engineering
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Provide administrative support for the execution of a wide variety of administrative and clerical tasks for the Department of Civil, Environmental, and Architectural Engineering. Serve as the front-line contact for students, faculty, and visitors, providing prompt, friendly, and professional answers to questions and inquiries and appropriately route more complex questions. Provide administrative assistance to the full range of Civil, Environmental, and Architectural Engineering graduate program operations.
WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- As department administrative for the graduate program, duties include processing new graduate applications via SLATE, tracking graduate status and maintaining graduate files, processing applications for their degree, transferring credits, and recording graduates' Plan of Study.
- Coordinate the graduate student employment process for Department teaching assistants (TAs) and research assistants (RAs).
- Work with faculty, staff, and students to develop, curate and publish content for the CEAE website.
- Assist with organizing departmental events including BS/MS Information Sessions, Graduate New Student Welcome Reception, Graduate Research Innovation Exchange (GRIE), Touch Tomorrow, WPI 3MT Competition, Student Event Gatherings, Project Presentation Day, conferences, etc.
- Assist with day-to-day logistics, including room reservations, printing event materials, coordination of A/V and facilities support. Manage the purchase of office supplies, card key access, building keys and materials.
- Handle information and questions with respect, discretion, and sensitivity.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School graduate or equivalent with additional school preferred.
- Preference will be given to candidates with three or more years of experience in an administrative assistant or related support position capacity. Experience in developing and publishing social media and website content is a plus and may substitute for administrative experience. Prior experience with Workday platform is also a plus.
- Must be able to prioritize and organize work effectively and be able to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Solid organizational skills are important.
- The successful candidate will have strong communication skills, both written and verbal and the ability to work independently with a diverse group of faculty, staff, and students using tact, discretion, and confidentiality.
- Positive attitude, intellectual curiosity, and strong work ethic.
- Strong customer service skills, ability to listen and understand faculty/students' needs.
WPI requires that all employees to be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19 and boosted. For additional information, please go to https://www.wpi.edu/we-are-wpi/health-and-safety/vaccine-information
United States of America (Non-Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. It seeks individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity, collaboration, inclusion, problem solving, innovation, high performance, and change making. It is committed to maintaining a campus environment free of harassment and discrimination.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Administrative-Assistant-V_R0002295-1
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency