Administrative Assistant V
Electrical & Computer Engineering Department
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Provide administrative support for the execution of a wide variety of complex administrative and clerical tasks for the Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering. Serve as the front line contact for students, faculty, and visitors, providing prompt, friendly, and professional answers to questions and inquiries and appropriately route more complex questions.
WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Provide administrative assistance to the full range of Electrical & Computer Engineering undergraduate program operations. This includes supporting the undergraduate program and accreditation faculty committees, conducting student/alumni surveys, collecting assessment forms, setting up student mailboxes, and maintaining electronic files and databases related to the undergraduate program.
- Administer the undergraduate student employee process including hiring, payroll applications, time sheets, and monitoring federal work study hours.
- Work with faculty and students to develop, curate, and publish content for the Electrical & Computer Engineering Department social media channels and website.
- Assist with organizing departmental events including open houses, the senior banquet, the faculty retreat, seminars, and conferences.
- Manage and approve room assignments for activities such as help sessions and student meetings.
- Manage ECE textbook and library book orders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Preference will be given to candidates with three or more years of experience in an administrative assistant or related support position capacity. Experience in developing and publishing social media and website content is a plus and may substitute for administrative assistant experience.
- Substantial computer experience either with Microsoft Windows or Apple MacOS.
- Must be able to prioritize and organize work effectively and be able to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Strong organizational skills are important, especially in a largely paper-free post-COVID work environment
- The successful candidate will have strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to work independently with a diverse group of faculty, staff, and students.
WPI requires that all employees to be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19 and boosted. For additional information, please go to
United States of America (Non-Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Administrative-Assistant-V_R0002110
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-2b9cfe084cf3bf488e544d2331362ed8