Administrative Assistant V
School of Arts & Sciences
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
This position will support the Office of the Dean of Arts & Sciences providing a wide variety of administrative support and working closely with the Senior Executive Administrator to support projects and initiatives across the School of Arts & Sciences.
WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Assist in planning and orchestrating events such as the bi-annual Arts & Sciences Weeks, symposiums and workshops, receptions, etc.
- Provide administrative support including assistance with expense reports, paying bills, creating check requests, photo copying, and faxing.
- Design and disseminate announcements for internal and external events.
- Assist in updating and maintaining web site content.
- Archive and maintain relevant information digitally including templates for announcements, contracts, correspondence, and other materials.
- Help maintain office space and serve as point of contact with Facilities Department and prepare work order requests.
- Order and manage office supply inventory, copy machine supplies, project supplies, marketing materials, and other materials and resources as needed.
- Collaborate with the Senior Executive Administrator on activities related to the Dean's office.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five years appropriate secretarial experience. Knowledge of general office procedures. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Positive attitude, intellectual curiosity, and strong work ethic.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, One Drive, Google Docs, PowerPoint). Experience with Workday is a plus.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize work and work independently.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
WPI requires employees to be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19. For additional information on WPI's response to COVID-19, refer to https://www.wpi.edu/we-are-wpi
United States of America (Non-Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Administrative-Assistant-V_R0001721
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-ef0609d5fab7a64dad8144e7de5dae0f